The rumor: Apple’s redesigned MacBook Pro models are coming in the middle of 2021, according to Mark Gurman (89.1% accurate).
Similar to Kuo’s recent report, here’s what to expect:
- “Minor design changes” for the new MacBook Pro models
- 14/16-inch displays, with “brighter, higher-contrast panels”
- New Apple Silicon chips with “more cores and enhanced graphics”
- MagSafe port replacing current USB-C charging which will support faster charging
- The Touch Bar may be removed
- A new, redesigned MacBook Air is also in the works…but it isn’t coming anytime soon
Our take: Seems like Kuo and Gurman disagree on how significant the design changes will be. Incredible to hear that the displays are getting significant upgrades and faster charging is in the works. These machines sound almost perfect.