The exclusive: This is your first look at the updated design coming to Apple’s 2021 iPhone lineup, rumored to launch sometime in September.
- There aren’t any major, structural changes…but there are big camera upgrades happening across the board
- The lower-end 5.4/6.1-inch iPhone models will see their lenses criss-crossed for a fresh design
- Apple’s 6.1-inch Pro model is getting a much larger camera module equal in size to that on the Pro Max
- A smaller, redesigned notch is also coming: the speaker grill has been relocated to the top bezel accordingly
- Minor button placement changes for the side button and volume rocker can also be seen here, but it’s possible they could also be a printing error
Our take: We’ll have to wait until September for the full picture of what these iPhones will be, but on the outside these absolutely look like an “S year” upgrade. It’s the same great design we got on iPhone 12 but with camera changes and a new notch. And this is a good thing: I wasn’t ready to part with the iPhone 12 design so soon. It still holds up with no contest.