The rumor: Apple is planning a more muted upgrade for the 2021 iPhones, according to TrendForce (75% accurate).
Here are the takeaways from TrendForce’s latest report:
- The 120Hz display is only coming to Pro models, and the LiDAR sensor will remain exclusive to the Pros
- The ultra wide lens is gaining autofocus on these models, as well
- A smaller notch is happening across the entire 2021 iPhone lineup
- Even following poor sales on iPhone 12 mini, a successive 5.4-inch iPhone is still coming this year
- 512GB will continue to be the max storage available on the iPhone…previous rumors suggested 1TB would be happening on Pro models this year
Our take: Overall, the new iPhones this year sound like they’ll be nice but small upgrades over the iPhone 12. Nothing new or shocking in the report, but it seems that 1TB won’t be happening after all.