Purported 2020 iPad schematics leak with 10.8-inch display & Face ID
The leak: Purported schematics for a new 2020 iPad have leaked, courtesy of 91mobiles.
- A 10.8-inch display is surrounded by thin, iPad Pro-like bezels
- Face ID is available on the front of the tablet
- USB-C has replaced the long-standing Lightning port
- Dual speakers and four mics are here, too
- An updated Smart Connector appears to support the Magic Keyboard
Our take: I’m much less convinced of these schematics than of the iPad Air quick start guide leak from earlier this week. 91mobiles says the schematics are “from a trusted source,” and the site does have a long history of sharing new designs exclusively. But they also claim the new iPad will have “inductive charging,” which…doesn’t make sense unless Apple makes the next iPad out of glass.