The leak: New CADs show a similar design to iPhone 13 instead of the radical redesign that we heard so much about, from 91Mobiles (not yet tracked).
- The CAD shows a very similar camera design to the iPhone 13 Pro…with the camera module being slightly thicker
- On the front there are very thin bezels with the rumored design we have been expecting featuring both a hole and pill cut out
- Notably, this design does not look like the design leak that Jon Prosser (69% accurate) showed in September of 2021 which featured a design that resembled the iPhone 4
- These CADs also goes against Mark Gurman (86.4% accurate) who stated that iPhone 14 would see a “complete redesign”
- But 91Mobiles has a decent track record when it comes to leaking CADs…they correctly leaked the CADs for the iPhone 13 series, showed partially correct schematics of the iPad Air, but also released a CAD of a flat Apple Watch Series 7 that didn’t materialize
Ian’s Take: With Jon Prosser receiving actual images of the device, CADs, and schematics, I fully expected that the design we would get in September would be a throwback to the iPhone 4. Notably, the reliable Mark Gurman said that the iPhone 14 would be a “complete redesign,” unlike these new CADs. That being said, this makes sense to me. Apple rarely likes to do a complete redesign of a product, and the iPhone 12 design has only been used for 2 years. I guess we will have to wait a while until more sources can confirm or deny the validity of these images.