iPhone 12 may be getting up to 10% smaller battery
The rumor: Battery capacities may be shrinking across the board for iPhone 12 models launching later this year, as seen by MySmartPrice.
These are the purported new mAh capacities:
- Apple iPhone 12 (5.4-inch): 2227mAh
- Apple iPhone 12 Max (6.1-inch): 2775mAh
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro (6.1-inch): 2775mAh
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max (6.7-inch): 3687mAh
And here’s how they compare to the 2019 iPhone models:
- iPhone 11: 3,110 ⮕ 2775mAh (-10.8%)
- iPhone 11 Pro: 3,046 ⮕ 2775mAh (-8.8%)
- iPhone 11 Pro Max: 3,969 ⮕ 3687mAh (-7.1%)
Our take: This feels off, especially amid the rumors of a 120Hz display coming to the Pro models. I could understand a slight reduction in overall capacity…but more than seven percent for every model? Unless there’s some wild magic Apple has worked with the A14 chip…I’m calling bogus on these being the final battery numbers.