The app: TextSniper extracts text from images and other digital documents in seconds, bringing true text selection anywhere you need it.
- OCR anything: TextSniper is blazingly fast and great for text recognition from YouTube videos, PDFs, images, online courses, screencasts, presentations, zoom meetings, etc
- Simple and easy-to-use interface: Just hit CMD+SHIFT+2 and select the screen area to recognize. That’s all.
- Privacy-focused: TextSniper doesn’t collect any data as text recognition is processed on a device and does not require an internet connection
- Easily turn recognized text into speech: Helpful for people with dyslexia, visually impaired, or language learners to get the correct pronunciation
- Multi-language support: English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Traditional and Simplified Chinese
Our take: As someone who recently graduated from college, this would have been a godsend a year ago. I’ve tried it out and it works too well to the point where don’t know how they’ve done it. TextSniper gets the job done in seconds every time.