iOS 15 Lock Screen redesign delayed, new status feature and more leaked
The rumor: Less than 2 days ahead of WWDC 2021, Mark Gurman (88.7% accurate, via Bloomberg) has shared a final report about what to expect at Apple’s June 7 event.
- “One major new addition will be a control panel that provides in-depth detail on what data are being collected by each third-party app installed on a user’s device” Gurman says
- You’ll now be able to set a status ranging form “driving, sleeping, working or don’t want to be disturbed” and notifications will be delivered differently depending on the setting
- Incoming notification banners are also said to get a fresh design
- On iPadOS, widgets will be movable and pinnable anywhere on the Home Screen and an improved multitasking interface is also coming
- There was also supposed to be a redesigned Lock Screen this year, but some of those changes have been apparently been delayed
Our take: An amazingly scant report from Gurman, who has historically shared almost all the major details for new iOS updates ahead of their unveil at WWDC. With no redesigned Lock Screen, will we see any major iOS changes this year? I think we will: I have a feeling a ton of changes haven’t leaked…