The leak: Screenshots from a nearly complete iPhone 12 Pro Max test unit have been leaked by Jon Prosser (77.8% accurate).
New features shown in the first screenshot:
- LiDAR sensor autofocus and subject detection
- New video modes of 4k120/4k240p video
- Enhanced night mode with extended exposure times
- Advanced noise reduction
- Bit depth video
- Zoom enhancements
And from the second, arguably more exciting screenshot:
- High refresh rate (120hz) support
- Adaptive refresh rate changes from 60 to 120hz as needed
Our take: These screenshots are pretty wild. Don’t think we’ve ever seen anything like this before. Confirms a lot of what we’ve been hearing, and they’re almost certainly real with Jon’s track record. That being said…these are test features. Not all will likely make the cut.