Unboxings show first hands-on of iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro
The news: Apple’s embargo for iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro have been lifted for members of the media to share their first impressions online.
The takeaways so far….
- The lack of plastic wrap has made the unboxing experience less satisfying than before
- Some reviewers still wish there was a charger in the box
- Pro colors are quite subtle across the board and more vibrancy would be appreciated
- The Midnight iPhone 13 is not exactly black, it has a slight blue tint
- Bigger camera bumps are larger than you’d think in real life
- But the camera bump causes the phones rock less on a flat surface
- Overall, the design changes are subtle year over year, but the weight difference between iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 is noticeable
Our take: Strictly looking at the unboxing experience…it seems pretty underwhelming this year. But the new phones look incredible and I can’t wait for mine to come in on Friday.