The rumor: Apple’s main focus for the Series 7 watch will be on a larger display and exclusive watch faces, according to Mark Gurman (88.8% accurate, via Bloomberg).
- Apple is planning increases to 41 and 45mm screen sizes with 16% more pixels…the larger model will now have a 1.9-inch display
- A faster processor is also expected alongside the chassis redesign
- Plus, Apple is working on new, exclusive watch faces that take advantage of the new displays:
- Modular Max: digital time alongside one complication, plus the ability to display longer complications that go across the screen below
- Continuum: “will change based on the flow of time and the current hour”
- Atlas/World Timer: Apple actually leaked this alongside the watchOS 8 reveal in June, see it here
- New Hermès: numbers change each hour as time passes
- New Nike: watch face changes with a person’s movement
Our take: This is the biggest evidence yet that the design will be almost the entire story for Apple Watch Series 7 this year. Unless Apple has something totally under wraps that hasn’t leaked, I don’t think there will be a major upgrade this year…aside from the new look.